Beverly Hills ADU
Beverly Hills is one of Southern California’s most famous neighborhoods, celebrated around the world for its luxurious and exclusive shops, hotels, restaurants, salons, and residents. While Beverly Hills properties are amongst the most expensive in the state, many property owners seek to enhance the value of their homes even further through the addition of an accessory dwelling unit.
Accessory dwelling units, known as ADUs, in-law units, granny flats, secondary dwelling units, and backyard cottages, are excellent investments for residential property owners seeking long-term, reliable returns. They’re cost-effective, excellent housing options for homeowners who need supplementary residential space either to rent or to house family members or guests. They offer abundant extra space at a fraction of the cost of other alternatives, including purchasing a new home.
The housing shortage in Southern California has created a thriving market for affordable rental housing alternatives. Building an ADU in Beverly Hills can help create a significant revenue stream while increasing property value by as much as 51 percent.
Even if you don’t choose to construct an ADU for the purpose of renting it out, you can use the additional space however you choose, whether you think a home gym, home theater, or home office best suits your goals and lifestyle. Regardless of how you wish to use the structure, the benefits of constructing an ADU include:
- Construction is low-cost
- Additional land does not have to be purchased
- Units are environmentally friendly
- ADUs can be used for multiple purposes
Accessory Dwelling Unit Categories
While ADUs are generally built as housing structures, they can be used for a variety of purposes, though they possess all of the amenities needed to function as an independent dwelling. They offer privacy to the residents of both the primary home and the ADUs.
The type of ADU you select will depend upon your personal preferences as well as the layout of your property. They include:
- Detached ADU: This is an accessory dwelling unit that is an entirely separate structure from the main residence.
- Attached ADU: This is an accessory dwelling unit that is connected to the main structure or built atop the garage. While this ADU is attached to the primary residence, it has a completely separate entrance.
- Garage Conversion: This is an accessory dwelling unit that either transforms the garage into a full ADU or is built on top of a garage.
- Junior ADU: This is any accessory dwelling unit – detached, attached, or garage conversion – that is under 500 square feet.
EcoSmart Builders can help you construct a beautiful, eco-friendly ADU on your property, giving you an excellent source of additional income and the enjoyment of a fabulous living space. We offer end-to-end project management services, from securing permits to executing the full construction, so you don’t have to worry about anything. For more details about EcoSmart Builders’ construction solutions or to qualify your residence, please visit our information page.