If you think that building an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) in Ventura is right for your lifestyle and budget, the team at EcoSmart Builders provides the expertise, commitment to excellence, and project management know-how to guarantee exceptional outcomes for every ADU construction, regardless of the scope and size.
Whether you’re a single-family or multi-family homeowner in Ventura, an ADU has the potential to be a budget-friendly strategy for increasing your property value while delivering supplementary rental revenue. Southern California rental housing is becoming increasingly scarce; investing in an ADU could offer a remarkable return in a relatively short time period. Moreover, it offers the potential for long-term income security.
But what is an ADU?
An ADU is a functional dwelling on a residential property that already has a main residence. It can either be attached to the primary dwelling or a detached unit. A standard ADU is typically 400 square feet, though you can build an ADU in Ventura that is up to 1,200 square feet.
ADU spaces don’t necessarily have to be dedicated living spaces, though they possess all of the features required for a dwelling. An ADU could be used as a home office, a private fitness center, or a home theater. If you believe an ADU could be a beneficial addition to your property, here are a few of the ADU options you can select:
- Attached ADU. This is a unit built into the primary residence. The property owner can elect to join it to the main dwelling or have it constructed on top of the garage space.
- Detached ADU. This is a structure that is wholly separate from the main dwelling or garage, yet it is built on the residential property.
- Garage Conversion ADU. This transforms a garage into an ADU. The homeowner can elect to convert the garage space fully into a dwelling, or build a dwelling on top of the functional garage space.
- Junior ADU (JADU). These are ADUs that do not exceed 500 square feet. They can be attached, detached, or garage conversions.
Advantages of a Ventura Accessory Dwelling Unit
- ADUs are budget-friendly, long-term investments. Ventura is an expensive region, so providing affordable rental housing is an effective solution for generating reliable rental income for the long term. Moreover, they increase property value significantly whether you decide to rent the space or not.
- ADUs offer flexibility. If you choose not to rent the space, you can still derive significant benefits. You have the option of using the additional space as a home office, home gym, kid’s playroom, or just as guest lodgings for overnight stays.
- ADUs offer privacy. One of the biggest advantages of having an ADU is the fact that it offers an unobtrusive living area for whoever needs the additional space. This means the residents of the main house won’t be disturbed or have their lifestyles altered significantly by either renting the space or allowing family members or guests to stay.
EcoSmart Builders provides a broad spectrum of services, including ADU design, full construction, project management, and much more. If you want to construct an ADU on your property, please contact the professional team at EcoSmart Builders for a free home qualification today.